Subject: Re: Success running Eclipse and Sun JDK 1.4.2 under NetBSD -current
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: current-users
Date: 03/31/2004 14:18:24
--8P1HSweYDcXXzwPJ

Brian de Alwis <bsd@cs.ubc.ca> wrote:
> A quick summary: the Sun JDK 1.4.2 runs on NetBSD-current happily
> enough to run Eclipse, a fairly demanding application.

Thanks a lot for your instructions.  I've finally taken this occasion to
build the JDK 1.4.2 natively and also rebuilt eclipse using this JDK,
and so far all looks peachy.

I haven't had the time to create pkgsrc packages for the native JDK or
the natively compiled eclipse, but at least for the latter I have a
somewhat hacked-together package at
http://guinness.cs.stevens-tech.edu/~jschauma/netbsd/eclipse-native.tar.gz

This package is not pretty and does a lot of things that I wouldn't
normally do in a regular package, but I figure maybe somebody else finds
it useful, and until I _do_ find the time to polish it up...

-Jan

--=20
Information wants to be free.

--8P1HSweYDcXXzwPJ