Subject: Re: rescue-tiny overflowed
To: Pavel Cahyna <pavel.cahyna@st.ms.mff.cuni.cz>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/27/2004 12:20:10
On Sat, 27 Mar 2004, Pavel Cahyna wrote:

> > Should we bump the size of the single floppies to 1440? Does anyone
> > still have a working 1.2 Mb floppy drive? (I actually have one of
>
> Yes, and if I installed from floppies, I would certainly use it - 1.44
> MB floppies are horribly unreliable.

So are 1.2 MB floppies. At the risk of repeating myself, they still
make 1.44 MB floppies, and the new media trumps anything made last
century for reliability (which would be all 1.2 MB floppy disks, as
far as I know).

> But I don't understand why the
> image has to fit in a single floppy. Are there known issues with booting
> from multiple floppies?

If the rescue disk didn't fit on a single floppy, you could just as
well use the install media.

In any case, it's all moot, as jmc found a different solution.

Frederick