Subject: Re: Lucent/Orinoco wireless cards on -current?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Michael van Elst <mlelstv@serpens.de>
List: current-users
Date: 03/25/2004 06:36:29
smb@research.att.com (Steve Bellovin) writes:

>I've seen occasional notes complaining about wi0 problems on -current.
>How are things now?  I'm contemplating upgrading my laptop from 1.6.2
>to -current, but reliable wireless support is a "must have" for me.

No problem with Lucent/Orinoco so far and neither with the
builtin Interface in a Dell Laptop which is also recognized
as Lucent.

wi0 at pcmcia2 function 0: Dell, TrueMobile 1150 Series PC Card, Version 01.01
wi0: 802.11 address 00:02:2d:87:b2:10
wi0: using Lucent Embedded WaveLAN/IEEE
wi0: Lucent Firmware: Station (8.10.1)
wi0: 11b rates: 1Mbps 2Mbps 5.5Mbps 11Mbps

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv@serpens.de