Subject: Re: README: sysctl infrastructure overhauled
To: Bill Squier <groo@old-ones.com>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/24/2004 22:13:08
On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 08:20:13PM -0500, Bill Squier wrote:
>On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 05:40:18PM -0500, Andrew Brown wrote:
>> please let me know if you have any problems.
>
>I have two:
>
>	1) I can never fold maps up as neatly as they come when
>	   you buy them.
>
>	2) I can't get electronics components snugly back in their
>	   original packaging.
>
>Please help.

(1) implement your map as a set of sysctl nodes with a log.  when you
want to refold it, call sysctl_teardown() on the log.  alternately, as
you unfold the map, make a meta-map of each fold, and then just follow
your meta-map when refolding the original map.  warning: do not fold
the meta-map.  it will tear the space-time continuum.

(2) one would only put electronics components back in their boxes if
they were broken or being replaced.  if they're broken, just pound
them into the box, no one will care.  if they're being replaced, use
your newer and larger components to pound them into the boxes.  you
don't care, you've already replaced them.

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|
werdna@squooshy.com       * "information is power -- share the wealth."