Subject: Re: mt does not always work, nor does a remote dump
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polderland.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 03/16/2004 13:52:07
On Tue 16 Mar 2004 at 11:44:47 +0100, Olaf Seibert wrote:
> This I could live with, if it were the only problem. However, dump
> itself also fails (this is from a log file):
>
>     /sbin/dump -0 -u -b512 -B40960000 -f root@rode:/dev/nrst0 /
>     DUMP: Dumping /dev/rld0a (/) to /dev/nrst0 on host root@rode
>     dump: Lost connection to remote host.

I did some more experimenting, and I found out that dump apparently
creates the FQDN of the remote machine. But the FQDN didn't appear in
the .ssh/known_hosts file yet. So ssh prompted about that, which was
apparently not shown in the log file. After some time, dump aborted.

The rmt problem remains.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@       -- "What good is a Ring of Power
\X/ polderland.nl            -- if you're unable...to Speak." - Agent Elrond