Subject: Re: Latest sources doesn't really deal with softdep
To: None <claudiocamacho@vodafone.es>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/14/2004 12:44:02
On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 01:10:26 +0100
"Claudio M. Camacho" <claudiocamacho@vodafone.es> wrote:

>    Tonight before going home I was copying some GBs from a partition
> into other one (this one with softdep), I used the latest sources so
> softdep didnt have to bother so much; when it was about 3 GBs, (while I
> was downloading some packages and building some sources), the system
> was crashed (hanged); the HD led was lighted and making sound like
> writing, but the system didn't respond; and there was no errors or no
> panics, maybe an infinite loop read/writing...

I have seen this too, while copying around 9 GB of data between disks,
mounted w/ softdep and using NEW_BUFQ_STRATEGY (dunno if these have
something to do).  The 'cp' process was stalled in uvn_fp1 status, as
seen from ddb.  The amount of data copied was around 5 GB only.

I just tried again w/o softdep and everything went fine...

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>