Subject: Audio card support
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Wouter Klouwen <dublet@dublet.org>
List: current-users
Date: 03/13/2004 22:57:39
Goodday all,

I recently bought a new sound card, a Terratec Aureon Sky 5.1. I bought it
because I thought it was supported under NetBSD, as some sites* seem to
claim. However, upon installing the card into the computer, it was not
recognized. This is due to a mismatch of the ids the card is giving the
kernel which do not match the ids in the pcidevs listing:

unknown vendor 0x1412 product 0x1724 (audio multimedia, revision 0x01) at
pci0 dev 9 function 0 not configured

As far as I know, this should be supported by the cmpci driver. (The card
has a C-Media chipset, and cmpci is the only C-Media driver.) I am a
little weiry about modifying the pcidevs myself, as I no doubt would screw
up the kernel, or completely miss to change/add certain parts. Is there
anyone who could supply me with a pointer on how to add support in pcidevs
and test if it works? (Or alternetively supply me with a patch ;)

Thanks in advance,
	Wouter Klouwen

*: http://www.codebunny.org/audio/cmi.html