Subject: Re: NetBSD/amd64 and XFree86.
To: Stephen Degler <stephen@degler.net>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
List: current-users
Date: 03/11/2004 15:22:47
On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 09:16:39AM -0500, Stephen Degler wrote:
 [...]
> Hello,

Hi.

> 1) 9200se will be supported under radeon driver under 4.4 I believe.

If I can get a 4.4 X built, I'll bear that in mind.  (^&

> 2) I had seen some similar problems (sig11) due to the failure of module

I didn't think that I saw any helpful EE messages in the XFree86.log file.
Is this just generally broken?  Are there specific modules to disable?

> 3) I'm still having more success with make snapshot in xsrc than I am with
> the x11 tree under ./buid.sh

I just did an attempted build-of-everything (including X).  It ground to
a halt with an error:

#   compile  mi/miglblt.o
 [...big long command-line; (^&...]
/usr/netbsd/current/xsrc/xfree/xc/programs/Xserver/mi/miglblt.c: In function `miPolyGlyphBlt':
/usr/netbsd/current/xsrc/xfree/xc/programs/Xserver/mi/miglblt.c:159: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size

*** Failed target:  miglblt.o

...a familiar variety of error on the AMD64.