Subject: Re: Linux Emul: Java 1.4.2 receiving SIGSEGV when using Eclipse: Out of memory?
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
From: Brian de Alwis <bsd@cs.ubc.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 03/10/2004 23:36:28
On 2004.03.10 23:04:19 -0500, Brian de Alwis wrote:
> This problem reportedly happens under Linux as well, so at least
> we're bug-compatible :-)  Unfortunately I don't have access to a
> Linux box currently to try this out -- using gdb on the resulting
> core file doesn't produce anything useful.  It may just be a
> VM bug.

Looking on the distribution site, I found that Sun has released
1.4.2_04, which seems to have solved this problem, based on some
quick tests which would cause Eclipse to crash reliably using
1.4.2_03.

> Maybe I'll try without JIT next...

And I found out 1.4.2 doesn't support the classic VM any more.
Now of little concern, fortunately.

Brian.

--
     Brian de Alwis | Graduate student | Software Practices Lab | UBC
"There is much pleasure to be gained in useless knowledge." - Bertrand Russell