Subject: Re: 28FEB gnome-vfs2 make errors
To: Art Lemasters <slemas1@mindspring.com>
From: walt <wa1ter@myrealbox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/02/2004 17:51:07
Art Lemasters wrote:
>   In a 28FEB (CVS) pkgsrc, current, i386, I tried to make
> update (after make clean-update and make clean CLEANDEPENDS=YES)
> gnome-vfs2.
>
>   After seeing the following (errors below), I tried
> locate libpthread.la and it returned nothing...

'libpthread.la' is created by libtool when installing the
'pth' package.  You probably had the 'pth' package installed
at one time, as I did, and later deleted it -- it really isn't
needed because -CURRENT already includes libpthread.

Meanwhile, you have other packages which were built while
the 'pth' package was installed, and therefore expect to
find libpthread.la still on your machine.  Simple, right?

The way to test my hypothesis is this:
find /usr/pkg -name *.la | xargs grep libpthread.la

If this search turns up any .la files which reference
libpthread.la the solution is to recompile those packages.

All this is assuming you no longer have the 'pth' package
installed.  If you still have 'pth' I would suggest you
pkg_delete it and just count on recompiling lots and lots
of packages which depend on it.  That's what I did -- it
was a pain in the backside but I no longer have the problem.