Subject: Re: TCP/IP tuning.
To: None <bqt@update.uu.se>
From: Thomas Miller <tom@insolvencyhelp.org>
List: current-users
Date: 03/02/2004 10:22:41
Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se> wrote:

> Looked at the archives, and you reported an aggregated bw of 390 KB/s.
> Still, that means you managed to get close to 4 Mbis/s downloaded.
>
> Or am I still misunderstanding something?

You are correct.  The 390 was the aggregate transfer rate
of two simultaneous connections.  It's my wishful thinking
that keeps me hoping for 5 Mbps at least sometime in one
download with one connection from my "up to 5. . . .

	XXXXX Censored by rant review! XXXXX

I'm happy to keep talking with you, but maybe let's take
the discussion off the list so that everybody else can
have some peace.

> > So, you're just dividing by 100, which is the result of
> > multiplying by 10 to go from kilobytes to kilobits (taking
> > into account packet overhead you use 10 instead of 8), and
> > then dividing by 1000 to go from kilobits to megabits?  Do
> > I have this straight?
>
> Yes. If you just look at the numbers, and ignore the prefixes (K and M).
> Otherwise I'm just multiplying by 10. :-)

:-)

Kindest regards,

Tom