Subject: RE: HAL (was fails)
To: 'David Young' <>
From: John Schieferle Uhlenbrock <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/29/2004 21:59:56

Grabbed it from the madwifi project README @

- John Schieferle Uhlenbrock

-----Original Message-----
From: =
On Behalf Of David Young
Sent: Sonntag, 29. Februar 2004 20:54

On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 03:59:51PM +0100, John Schieferle Uhlenbrock =
> Just a side note to the whole HAL subject. AFAIK we cant supply the=20
> src within the US because of the FCC. Why don't we supply it outside=20
> atleast? Don't know if this is feasable or useful, just throwing out=20
> my two cents.

NetBSD cannot supply the HAL source because no NetBSD developer can get =
of it.  It is not clear to me who is the author of the source code
restrictions; if it is the FCC, I am curious to see specific =
of that fact.

David Young             OJC Technologies      Urbana, IL * (217) 278-3933