Subject: RE: HAL (was build.sh fails)
To: 'David Young' <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: John Schieferle Uhlenbrock <lordzero@lordzero.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/29/2004 21:59:56
http://ftp.fcc.gov/Bureaus/Engineering_Technology/Orders/2001/fcc01264.pd=

Grabbed it from the madwifi project README @
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/madwifi/madwifi/README?rev=3D1.19

- John Schieferle Uhlenbrock

-----Original Message-----
From: current-users-owner@NetBSD.org =
[mailto:current-users-owner@NetBSD.org]
On Behalf Of David Young
Sent: Sonntag, 29. Februar 2004 20:54
To: current-users@NetBSD.org

On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 03:59:51PM +0100, John Schieferle Uhlenbrock =
wrote:
> Just a side note to the whole HAL subject. AFAIK we cant supply the=20
> src within the US because of the FCC. Why don't we supply it outside=20
> atleast? Don't know if this is feasable or useful, just throwing out=20
> my two cents.
>=20

NetBSD cannot supply the HAL source because no NetBSD developer can get =
hold
of it.  It is not clear to me who is the author of the source code
restrictions; if it is the FCC, I am curious to see specific =
documentation
of that fact.

Dave

--=20