Subject: Re: problems compiling groff?
To: Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@twofifty.com>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: current-users
Date: 02/28/2004 13:51:09
On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 09:59:51PM -0800, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:
>I'm sure I saw someone else with this problem lately, but I'm not sure
>I've seen any answers. I get this odd error trying to "build.sh tools".
>checking that C++ compiler can compile simple program... no
>configure: error: a working C++ compiler is required

i hit this myself last night.  i don't know if you've solved this
problem yet, but i thought i remembered something about something
involving libgcc, so i did this:

	# rm /usr/lib/libgcc*
	# cp -p /path/to/a/recent/snapshot/usr/lib/libgcc* /usr/lib

and all was well again.  the snapshot i used was approximately one
month old.

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|
werdna@squooshy.com       * "information is power -- share the wealth."