Subject: Re: Spam suggestion...
To: Aidan Kehoe <kehoea@parhasard.net>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/26/2004 08:27:41
In message <16445.53295.384677.41566@gargle.gargle.HOWL>, Aidan Kehoe wri=
tes:

>  Rendering all spam traceable is
>significantly improved functionality. =

Really?  What good does tracing it do?  What are you going to do with =

the information?  =

I get hundreds of spam messages a day.  I can't spend the time finding =

out who owns the system and notifying someone responsible -- if, =

indeed, they'd even listen.  (I went to the trouble of figuring out =

which of my wife's correspondents had a worm-infected machine that kept =

bestowing its "gifts" on my wife's inbox.  My wife passed along the =

information.  The only response thus far has been several more copies =

of the worm...)