Subject: Re: Different Keyboard Mappings in X11
To: None <>
From: Christian Biere <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/23/2004 17:35:04

Curt Sampson wrote:
> I've got two keyboards hooked up to my system, a PS/2 and a USB. I use
> them both under X11 (with a pair-programming partner), and I'd like to
> be able to use different mappings for each keyboard. (I like to have ESC
> and backquote/tilde reversed, for example, but my partner often doesn't.
> Worse, in another situation, a partner wants to use a Japanese layout
> keyboard when I want to use a US layout.)

I don't think I understand your situation. Do you type both at the same
time? I would either put a little switch somewhere which corrects the
mapping with xmodmap or simply use two X servers.

As you can see, this a signature. It's not related to the contents of the
mail in any way. But you probably won't listen to me anyway, will you?

Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (NetBSD)