Subject: Re: Spam suggestion...
To: None <>
From: Herb Peyerl <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/23/2004 05:22:51
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 00:40:00 -0800.
 > : Sun, 22 Feb 2004 08:53:10
 > -0600.<>
 > : So maybe someone should do something constructive though.
 > : Maybe admins@ should put an SPF record in's DNS.
 > : Then you can reject all mail purporting to be from
 > : unless it's coming from's mail servers.
 > This is precisely where I was about to go.  I'm glad to see that
 > someone's
 > head is on the ball, here.  Now, to get my mailer to recognise SPF
 > properly

I'm told this won't work because lots of developers forge mail to
make it seem like they're sending from but through their
own mail servers.

I confess I do this too but would be willing to give up this relatively
minor luxury if it were to decrease the amount of spam flying around.
However, not all developers feel this way.

Real PC Serial console & remote reset - The PC Weasel!