Subject: Re: cannot build kernel with a freshly /usr/src update
To: None <>
From: Florence HENRY <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/23/2004 11:48:17
On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 wrote:

> > 2) as the make depend was not failing, I started compilation with make,
> > but it failed :
> Wouldn't you happen to have an unresolved conflict in there?

wouldn't it have been reported at make depend ? In addition I did not
change my kernel configuration file, and it used to compile before
updating the sources... (I made a new kernel a few days ago, just before
the security advisories)

> > 3) I was told that the problem 1) could be solved by compiling tools. So I
> > went in /usr/src and I did "make -O /usr/src/obj/ tools", but it failed
> You should use

Sorry, I said a mistake : I did "./ -O /usr/src/obj/ tools " !

Florence HENRY