Subject: Re: Spam suggestion...
To: Martin Weber <Ephaeton@gmx.net>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@NetBSD.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/22/2004 09:39:33
I sure seem to have stirred up a hornet's nest.  :-)

On February 22, 2004 08:32 am, Martin Weber wrote:
> Ok. (going OT now)

I don't think OT so much but perhaps another ML would be more appropriate.

> [ computer(s) ] --- [ router ] ---> inet.
>
> Router gets a dynamic ip adress. Mail is sent from my computer. So
> how exactly do I tell sendmail to lookup my global adress and use
> that instead of my hostname ? ...and get all the SMART_HOST etc.
> rules to work still ? But see below.

You send through your ISP's email relay.  It's up to them to make sure that
you are legitimate.  More and more ISPs are blocking port 25 anyway except to
their relay because of spam.

Spam is a huge problem.  Dealing with it is painful.  Not dealing with it even
more so.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@netbsd.org>
http://www.NetBSD.org/