Subject: Re: Spam suggestion...
To: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@NetBSD.org>
From: Martin Weber <Ephaeton@gmx.net>
List: current-users
Date: 02/22/2004 15:43:28

tech-ml@netbsd.org ? :-)

> > [ computer(s) ] --- [ router ] ---> inet.
> >
> > Router gets a dynamic ip adress. Mail is sent from my computer. So
> > how exactly do I tell sendmail to lookup my global adress and use
> > that instead of my hostname ? ...and get all the SMART_HOST etc.
> > rules to work still ? But see below.
>
> You send through your ISP's email relay.

My ISP only accepts so many emails a day before making me pay for
every next one, and that so many is very low. Changing my ISP is
not an option atm. I'm *NOT* sending through my ISP's email relay
(look at the header of this message).

If there is no clean solution on the client-side, why keep suggesting
it ?

-Martin