Subject: Re: Spam suggestion...
To: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@NetBSD.org>
From: Martin Weber <Ephaeton@gmx.net>
List: current-users
Date: 02/22/2004 14:15:28
On Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 07:15:10AM -0500, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
> > (...)
> Perhaps it is past time that we started rejecting any email from sites without
> proper reverse DNS that matches the stated domain.

I.e. lock out anyone with a private network who happened to name
her machines as she liked, and didn't have the money to buy a
global name? This sounds microsoftish :) (Or those who happened
to name their private network, but were not quick enough to buy
the domain, and thus their name is resolvable yet points to another
IP, like in my case [entropie.net])

Sorry, but this brutal scalpel method doesn't really help us.

Regards,

-Martin