Subject: Re: objdirs and readonly /usr/src
To: Dick Davies <rasputnik@hellooperator.net>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@NetBSD.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/22/2004 09:20:53
--TB36FDmn/VVEgNH/

On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 08:01:48PM +0000, Dick Davies wrote:
  | Right, so to put this to rest, this gist is :
  |=20
  | -M sets MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX, which doesnt require writes to /usr/src ?

Correct.

I have a read-only /usr/src and set MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX to (for example)
/var/obj/i386 (where my uid has write privs), and I do read-only
builds all the time.  There are no obj or obj.${MACHINE} symlinks=20
in my /usr/src (or the underlying file system that the read-only
/usr/src nullfs mount is mounted off).

--TB36FDmn/VVEgNH/

--TB36FDmn/VVEgNH/--