Subject: Re: objdirs and readonly /usr/src
To: Andreas Kahari <ak+netbsd@freeshell.org>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/21/2004 12:20:21
> On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 09:25:20AM +0000, Dick Davies wrote:
> > Hi. Bit stuck.
> >

> > I mount /usr/src readonly over NFS to my current box.
> > When I try to build tools, I get this error:
> >
> >  cc  -O -o nbmake *.o
> >  #    objdir  /usr/obj/tools
> >  ln: obj: Read-only file system
> >
> > Which I assume is because build.sh can't make symlinks in /usr/src.
> >
> > Have I missed something?
> > I'm starting to think rsync would be less hassle :)

Perhaps try -O option - it sets the root of all obj
directories, which is what you want. The default (/usr/obj) is prolly
what's biting you. You need to set it to some directory where
you have write access.

Jaromir
-=- We should be mindful of the potential goal, but as the Buddhist -=-
-=- masters say, ``You may notice during meditation that you        -=-
-=- sometimes levitate or glow.   Do not let this distract you.''   -=-