Subject: Re: MKPIC problem
To: Nick Hudson <skrll@netbsd.org>
From: Christoph Egger <Christoph_Egger@gmx.de>
List: current-users
Date: 02/19/2004 21:51:23
> On Thursday 19 February 2004 19:11, Christoph Egger wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I'm trying to track down a linking problem for several days now:
> [...]
>
> > The fact, that libgcc_pic isn't found makes me guess that it isn't built
> /
> > installed
>
> I believe this is your problem. You should try a
>
> 	/usr/src-current/tooldir.NetBSD-1.6ZK-sparc64/bin/nbmake-sparc64 all
> install
>
> in
>
> 	/usr/src-current/gnu/lib/libgcc3
>
> to see what went wrong. I did almost a complete build of sparc64 yesterday
> to help fix your PR (24474).

Heh! It looks to me that this command wasn't executed during the
build.sh distribution command -  like a human forgets things from time to
time. :)
This command created and installed the missing libgcc_pic.so!

I'm running 'build.sh -u -o distribution' again to see, if it continous on
the place,
where it failed!

Anyway, thank you a lot!

--