Subject: RE: Userland
To: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Daniel_K=FChl?= <>
From: Conrad T. Pino <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/14/2004 12:00:00
Hi Daniel,

> From: On Behalf Of Daniel Kühl
> What is userland and how can I built it for the -current..
> Aways I got the new kernel from NetBSD-current I have some kinda of errors
> like in netstat and ipnat -l...

The NetBSD source tree can be viewed at:
The "src" tree is the complete NetBSD operating system.

Within the "src" tree: you
will find the "sys" tree which contains the NetBSD kernel ports.

The "src" tree minus the "src/sys" tree is "userland" portion of NetBSD.
The "userland" is a reference to the non-kernel components which run in
"user" mode rather than "kernel" mode.

Read "Building a release", a release includes both kernel & "userland":
and "Updating an existing system" right below.

> Thanks in advance

You're welcome.