Subject: Re: serial ATA on -current?
To: None <>
From: Jan Schaumann <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/11/2004 11:41:37

Steve Bellovin <> wrote:
> I'm contemplating buying a new Dell 4600 desktop, to run under=20
> -current.  One option is a 120G Serial ATA disk -- is this supported?

We're currently using Western Digital ``Raptor'' SATA drives, which work
just fine.  However, and I ment to bring that up before, boot time has
significantly increased since we use SATA.  It sits there apparently
probing the pciide's for approximately 60 seconds...

In the beginning the Universe was created.  This has made a lot=20
of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Version: GnuPG v1.2.3 (NetBSD)