Subject: RE: 3c940 problem
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: None <Krejcik@dkv.hkr.cd.cz>
List: current-users
Date: 02/11/2004 09:18:36
>   I tried netbsd-current on ASUS A7V600 (VIA KT600 chipset). Everything
> works fine except the integrated gigabit ethernet.
> It prints
> skc0 at pci0 dev 9 function 0skc0: can't find mem space
> during start up.
> In mailing list I found this post:
>
> [...]
>
> What does it mean interrupt mitigation? Could it solve my problem? Where
can
> I set this?

Interrupt mitigation inserts a (configurable) delay between the
processing of a packet by the interface and the delivery of the
associated interrupt, optimizing for the case of the interface
being able to receiving a few more quick packets from the wire
which the driver then could dispatch in a single interrupt.
(See around line 990 of if_sk.c.)

Your problem is not related to this.  For some reason the
control/status registers cannot be mapped into memory space;
the chip apparently supports mapping those into I/O space
using a different base address register in its PCI config
space, but at a glance at least the mapping part of that
code path (look for SK_USEIOSPACE) seems incomplete.

- Klaus

You're right, using #define SK_USEIOSPACE doesn't compile. I've also  tried
this NIC under FreeBSD 5.2 and there were no problems.
Is there any way to fix it (using ACPI in kernel?)
Jirka