Subject: Re: nfs performance
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Rene Schickbauer <cavac@grumpfzotz.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/11/2004 02:39:18
On Tuesday 10 February 2004 16:37, Arto Huusko wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been very puzzled with my NFS performance ever since I changed the
> server machine (the client has been the same all the time). Mainly,
> the performance has been good, but when moving large files everything
> (that is: all network traffic between client and server) stopped
> for a long while, and sometimes never recovered.
>
> So: I have a quite beefy i386 client, with VIA Rhine NIC. The server
> is AlphaStation 500/266 with rtk NIC. The NICs are crap, and I suspect
> that's the problem, but:

I use a cheap Netgear card in my ancient Alpha and it works quite well. Of=
=20
course, the card is crap when you take a closer look (i too small buffer=20
gives quite a few buffer underruns under heavy load), but other than that=20
the cards work quite ok in my AlphaStation.

LLAP & LG
Rene

=2D-=20
ACHTUNG: HTML-Mail wird automatisch ungelesen gel=F6scht. HTML-Mails sind=20
IMMER Spam!
BEWARE: HTML mail will be deleted automatically. HTML mails are considered=
=20
ALWAYS as Spam!