Subject: Re: upgrade problem
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: current-users
Date: 02/10/2004 23:20:25
On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 10:31:53 -0800
Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@NetBSD.org> wrote:

> ?? I remember we moved a few device numbers around,=20
[I shoud have checked this before posting.]
Yes, now I see. I had somthing in my haed that all majors had been moved
around so that they are identical on all archs. But this is only the
case for new drivers. Only a few existing divers are affected be the
reorganisation.

> No disk device major numbers present in the 1.6 release were changed=20
> AFAIK, so Nathan has something else going on. :-|
Looking at the 1.6.1 dmesg:
sd0 at atapibus0 drive 1: <IOMEGA  ZIP 250       ATAPI, , 51.G> type 0
[...]
scsibus0: waiting 2 seconds for devices to settle...
sd1 at scsibus0 target 0 lun 0: <QUANTUM, VIKING II 4.5WLS, 3506> SCSI2

Maybe the new kernel doesn't get the Zip dive as sd0 and the drive
numbering gets messed up? Nathan did you check this?
--=20

tsch=FC=DF,
       Jochen