Subject: Re: upgrade problem
To: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/10/2004 10:31:53
--ReaqsoxgOBHFXBhH

On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 10:29:16AM +0100, Jochen Kunz wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 02:32:43 +0000 (UTC)
> Nathan Langford <njl@sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:
>=20
> > > Does netbsd nowadays create a /dev on a ramdisk if it don't exist?
> Yes.
>=20
> > /dev looks the same when I boot the -current kernel as the -1.6.1, so
> > I don't think it's doing anything like that.
> Some time ago the major device numbers where rearranged. Maybe you got
> bitten by major device numbers not fitting to your kernel. I sugest to

?? I remember we moved a few device numbers around, but they were devices=
=20
that had been added since 1.6 was released and were ones that were more on=
=20
the periphery - important to some users but not ones everyone depended on.

No disk device major numbers present in the 1.6 release were changed=20
AFAIK, so Nathan has something else going on. :-|

Take care,

Bill

--ReaqsoxgOBHFXBhH

--ReaqsoxgOBHFXBhH--