Subject: Re: minor error-handling buglet in checkflist
To: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: current-users
Date: 02/10/2004 11:43:13
On Tue, 10 Feb 2004, Greg Troxel wrote:

> I ran 'build.sh sets' without having done a 'release', thinking that
> sets would imply release.  This was simply my error (I started with no
> tools, no obj and no destdir), and I'm not complaining that I lost.
>
> But it lost in an interesting way.  After failing to cd to the right
> destdir.i386 (since it wasn't there), it checked flist against the
> contents of src/distrib/sets.  Perhaps line 87 of checkflist needs to
> say
>
>  (cd $DESTDIR || (echo "NO DESTDIR - FAILURE"; exit 1))
>
> instead.

If DESTDIR were an empty variable, wouldn't that just change to your
home directory?

I think it would be worthwhile to add the proper prerequisites to the
"sets" target. Some folks might like to use that to build "sets" plus
their own custom kernels, skipping the GENERIC kernels and "distrib"
stuff.

Frederick