Subject: Re: Compilation problems
To: Klaus Klein <kleink@reziprozitaet.de>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Florian_St=F6hr?= <netbsd@wolfnode.de>
List: current-users
Date: 02/09/2004 20:42:46
On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, Klaus Klein wrote:

> On Monday 09 February 2004 13:00, Florian St=F6hr wrote:
>
> > Any compilation of ANY package related to X11 fails on 1.6.2_RC4 on thi=
> > platform. Still 2.95.3 on sgimips. Seems to have threadlib problems (af=
aik
> > no native threads on this platform). Linking with pth-2.0.0 doesn't sol=
ve
> > the problem.
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > Compiled it and got:
> >
> > root@sgi [/tmp/tt] # gcc -I/usr/X11R6/include -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11 tt=
=2Ec
> > /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so: undefined reference to `__libc_cond_wait'
> > [...]
>
> Are you possibly using a -current X11R6 snapshot in your otherwise
> 1.6-ish userland?
>

> - Klaus

Hi,

I used 1.6.2_RC4 from releng, and (also from releng)
/pub/NetBSD-daily/current/.xsets/sgimips.

But since there are (?) no native threads on this platform,
could it really be that problem? Hm, I think the binary xsets from 1.6.1
of the platform should work then, I'll just give em a try.

In general, I don't like those snapshots without the x sets and I'd love
to have also syssrc.tgz in the /sets folder. Anyone out there the same
opinion?

Florian