Subject: Re: gcc unable to make executables ?
To: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
From: Martin Weber <Ephaeton@gmx.net>
List: current-users
Date: 02/09/2004 11:44:48
On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 09:18:08PM +1100, Daniel Carosone wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 10:51:05AM +0100, Martin Weber wrote:
> > Uh huh ... that's just not true.
> >
> > # ident mk/compiler/gcc.mk
> > mk/compiler/gcc.mk:
> >      $NetBSD: gcc.mk,v 1.47 2004/02/08 03:34:20 jlam Exp $
>
> The current rev of this file is 1.50, but nevermind, there are other
> fixes elsewhere too.

I just updated...

> I do appreciate that it can be hard to get through to anoncvs at the
> moment, but it will be up-to-date when you do - there's no one day
> lag.

Sure. Jlam committed that at quarter to four UTC am. I wasn't able to
get it out of anoncvs until around eight UTC *pm*. If I did a rdiff,
I got an empty result (- everything).

(fwiw:
512     cvs -d anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot rdiff -r1.44 -r1.46 pkgsrc/mk/compiler/gcc.mk
that was at 19:56 utc+1; when I piped that to patch, I ended up with an
empty file. No CVSROOT in environment. CVS/Root points to french mirror,
which should have been updated TWICE in those +12 hours due to Manuel
Bouyer to be up-to-date IF cvs chose it over the cmd-line option)

> Oh, be sure to "make clean clean-depends" in the pkg, some of these
> fixes change the way the work/buildlink* dirs get made. That might be
> enough, with 1.47, but there have been other fixes.

I was making cleandir before, and make CLEANDEPENDS=yes cleandir after the
update I mentioned in my other mail. Sorry for the fuzz.

-Martin