Subject: Re: My cvs update just took 11:57 (12 hours!)
To: None <>
From: Xavier HUMBERT <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/07/2004 08:57:03
Christian Biere <> wrote:

> Ok but how often does this matter?

It matters every time something doesn't compile because it is in the
state "between two commits". I matters when a correction is done at
06:00 GMT, since afair, Manuel syncs at 04:00 GMT

Well FreeBSD's policy is *not* to use CVS, because it is resource hungry
-the have only one CVS server, always exhausted-, but they have a piece
of crap named cvsup (the crap is indeed modula3) which works well.

The situation for NetBSD is actually that we have neither of them.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety (Ben. Franklin)