Subject: Re: My cvs update just took 11:57 (12 hours!)
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Xavier HUMBERT <xavier.humbert@xavhome.fr.eu.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/07/2004 08:57:03
Christian Biere <christianbiere@gmx.de> wrote:

> Ok but how often does this matter?

It matters every time something doesn't compile because it is in the
state "between two commits". I matters when a correction is done at
06:00 GMT, since afair, Manuel syncs at 04:00 GMT

Well FreeBSD's policy is *not* to use CVS, because it is resource hungry
-the have only one CVS server, always exhausted-, but they have a piece
of crap named cvsup (the crap is indeed modula3) which works well.

The situation for NetBSD is actually that we have neither of them.

XAv
--
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety (Ben. Franklin)