Subject: Re: My cvs update just took 11:57 (12 hours!)
To: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Jeff Rizzo <riz@boogers.sf.ca.us>
List: current-users
Date: 02/06/2004 16:24:52
On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 06:31:45PM -0500, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 07:42:04PM +0100, Christian Biere wrote:
> > Mike M. Volokhov wrote:
> > > Hmm... How a mirrors may update your copies when main server doesn't
> > > respond?
> >
> > You see, that's the problem. People overload the main server =>
> > mirrors can't update either => people using mirrors try using the
>
> That's false.
>
> Thor

I don't suppose you'd be willing to fill us in on the truth, then?
From where I stand, I see that there's problems, but most of us
don't know what is the cause of them, or how we can best avoid making
things hard on the project's machines.

Myself, I've used the main anoncvs primarily because I'm *really* close
to it on the network;  I've gotten great performance out of it (at
least up until this week), but now that there's apparently something going
on, I've had some troubles with the mirrors I've tried.

Any "official" enlightenment would be most welcome - I'm keenly aware
that this is a volunteer project, and I'm in no way trying to do anything
but figure out how I can avoid making things worse while still getting
the CVS updates I need.

Thanks!

+j
--