Subject: Re: My cvs update just took 11:57 (12 hours!)
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Jesper Louis Andersen <jlouis@mongers.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/06/2004 20:24:46
Quoting gabriel rosenkoetter (gr@eclipsed.net):

> I seem to recall Perry suggesting we use PGP signed messages and a
> private INN network to distribute commits to anoncvs and to mirrors.

Sounds a lot like ATM to me. I have until this day had no problems
with using cvsync and grappa.unix-ag.uni-kl.de. Since I am situated
in Denmark this is a really good bargain. I dropped using CVS
for pulling my sources and it has been an easy ride. I would seriously
consider building a 2-tier network where the main cvs server was
exclusively accessed by mirrors and comitters. Which would break the
circular dependency. On the other hand, it is not as open a solution as
the current one.

Another point is that I pull the whole thing to one server and let
that distribute to my other servers. It is much easier that way.

Why I refrain from talking about John Polstras cvsup is that it is
modula3 and is hard to get to work on quite many of the architectures
we support.

--
j.