Subject: Re: My cvs update just took 11:57 (12 hours!)
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: current-users
Date: 02/06/2004 14:04:50
--Qbvjkv9qwOGw/5Fx

On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 07:42:04PM +0100, Christian Biere wrote:
> You see, that's the problem. People overload the main server =3D>
> mirrors can't update either =3D> people using mirrors try using the
> main server =3D> people overload the main server =3D> [loop detected].

I seem to recall Perry suggesting we use PGP signed messages and a
private INN network to distribute commits to anoncvs and to mirrors.

I also seem to recall writing most of the Perl to do that one summer.

If a lower-bandwidth method of synchronization to anoncvs and
mirrors is still desireable (and it sounds like it is), I could
scrape the pieces off the bottom of the directory where they've been
lying since then.

--=20
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net