Subject: building x11
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Steve Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/06/2004 09:33:44
I'm getting ready to install -current on a new machine, so I decided to
build myself an install CD with all the pieces.  What is the right way
to build x11?  I see there's a /usr/src/x11, but a 'build.sh distribution'
didn't create any of the X .tgz files.  (I'm not 100% certain about
whether or not it was built.)

I tried going to /usr/xsrc and doing a 'make release', but that died
near the very end:

Creating xbase4.tgz
Creating xcomp4.tgz
Creating xcontrib4.tgz
Creating xfont4.tgz
Creating xmisc4.tgz
Creating xserver4.tgz
pax: Unable to access ./usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/savage_drv.o (No such file or directory)
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/xsrc

This is with very current xsrc -- on the third try, I actually got
through via CVS...