Subject: Re: CVS performance question
To: None <>
From: walt <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/05/2004 12:30:59
Brian A. Seklecki wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-02-05 at 14:20, walt wrote:
>>At least several of us have had problems updating -CURRENT sources with CVS
>>the last several days, so I started poking around and discovered that my
>>firewall was blocking incoming tcp connections from the netbsd server.
> Walt: both cvs via pserver and cvs via ssh(1) use a single outbound TCP
> socket...

So, if I understand correctly, a normal 'cvs update' should NOT require
a *new* incoming tcp connection from the CVS server to my machine?

Everything has been working great for a year now, just this way, until
a few days ago.

I suppose those 'incoming' connections from may result from
my own impatience when I hit Ctl-C after waiting an hour for CVS to
finish what used to take 15 minutes just last week?

When I break an existing cvs update with Ctrl-C would the normal
response of the CVS server be to try to establish a new tcp connection
with my machine?

Thanks for any insights!