Subject: Re: IBM Thinkpad T41 Display
To: None <john@johnrshannon.com>
From: Aidan Kehoe <kehoea@parhasard.net>
List: current-users
Date: 02/05/2004 18:04:37
 Ar an 5ú lá de mí 2, scríobh John R. Shannon :

 > I'm setting up a laptop and I'm encountering an intermittant problem with
 > video. Sometimes, but not always, the screen image is completely screwed up
 > (I don't know how else to describe it). When it happens, it occurs on
 > starting the X server or after terminating the X server. Typing Fn-F7 twice,
 > to turn the monitor off and on, clears the problem. This occurs only in
 > NetBSD - not Windows XP.

I'm using a Radeon Mobility on this machine too, and initially, when I set
up X, when I switched to a non-X virtual console, it would appear as very
dark grey on black. If this is your problem,
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-help/2002/07/03/0006.html may be relevant.

--
I don't care if it rains or freezes/'Long as I got my Plastic Jesus
Riding on the dashboard of my car.