Subject: Re: "cvs update: move away src/file.whatever; it is in the way"
To: Art Lemasters <slemas1@mindspring.com>
From: Ossi Herrala <oherrala@ee.oulu.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 02/02/2004 13:11:15
On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 08:26:46PM -0700, Art Lemasters wrote:

>   I'm on a slow connection. After the feed stopped during the first
> cvs checkout attempt, several attempts to update have met something
> like, "cvs update: move away src/file.whatever; it is in the way."

I think you tried to do cvs checkout and after it stopped you tried to do
another cvs checkout over the failed tree. Correct?

If cvs checkout breaks, try doing cvs update -d. option "-d" creates any
directories that exist in the repository but your local copy is missing
those. And you want to have "-P" option also in checkout and update
commands to prune empty directories.

--
Ossi Herrala, OH8HUB
PGP key ID:  0x78CD0337