Subject: Re: MozillaFirebird-0.7
To: None <netbsd@wolfnode.de>
From: Eric Haszlakiewicz <erh@jodi.nimenees.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/30/2004 09:35:55
On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 10:32:18AM +0100, netbsd@wolfnode.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I also use MozillaFirebird-bin, but this is NOT the linux emulation, it is
> native NetBSD (on i386).
>
> Works real great with the v6only=0 setting.
>
> Perhaps this info should go into the DESC in pkgsrc?
	How about if mozilla is fixed instead?  I tried setting v6only=0 and
it works as you say, but it can open up some security issues due to creating
another path for traffic that might seem to be otherwise disallowed.

	As for the v6only setting, according to the man page, it affects whether
listening wildcarded ipv6 sockets also accept ipv4 connections.  Does someone
know why this affects mozilla?  What is mozilla listening on, and why?

eric