Subject: pmap(1) doesn't work on current
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Antti Kantee <pooka@cs.hut.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 01/30/2004 16:00:50
pmap: trying to read 88 bytes from 0: kvm_read: Bad address

This started happening with kernels after yesterday's uvm change, so I
think it's related (apologies if I'm mistaken).

Seems like reading the kernel vm_map is somewhat busted.  The first
elements of the structure look okay, but it gets weird after that.
Reading the vm_map_entry in not_using_lockdebug() from address 0 doesn't
work for obvious reasons.  ddb prints the kernel vm_map okay.

I must be missing something pretty simple, but I don't have the time to
debug this further now :(

  - antti

--
Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>                     Of course he runs NetBSD