Subject: Re: pms device?
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Paul (NCC/CS) <pts@bom.gov.au>
List: current-users
Date: 01/30/2004 09:05:49
Peter Seebach wrote:

> In message <4018DCE5.D87EE393@bom.gov.au>, "Paul \(NCC/CS\)" writes:
> >The NetBSD documentation shows that you should use "pms0"
> >for this.
>
> Probably not anymore.  What I get is:
>
> pms0 at pckbc0 (aux slot)
> wsmouse0 at pms0 mux 0
>
> If you aren't getting that, the most likely thing is that the mouse is
> disabled in the BIOS.
>
> -s

Thanks Peter,

I've just discovered after sleeping on it, a tad embarassingly,
that the mouse has an adaptor on it to enable the PS/2 plug.
But underneath it says it's a serial mouse  !!!.

I've just grabbed a real PS/2 mouse from work and i'll
check it when home.

I'm guessing that netbsd must AUTO detect these things
and THEN u get your message's at boot up.

still like to know how to get the source code for a specific
daily current snapshot, if anyone out there can point me
in the right direction i'd appreciate it.

Many Thanks!

Paul.

Paul     (pts@bom.gov.au)
Australian Bureau Of Meteorology