Subject: Re: flist problems
To: Luke Mewburn <lukem@NetBSD.org>
From: Eric Haszlakiewicz <erh@nimenees.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/27/2004 00:56:21
On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 11:08:31AM +1100, Luke Mewburn wrote:
> That's just version skew in your source tree.
>
> Most likely what's happened is this:
> 	1. developer commits change to tree
> 	2. anoncvs syncs change
> 	3. developer commits change to sets in distrib/sets/lists
> 	4. you anoncvs update
>
> so, even though the change in `3.' is in the master cvs repo, it
> hasn't propagated to the anoncvs server yet.
	I thought this was supposed to not happen due to the automatic pushes
on commit from cvs->anoncvs.  It certainly seemed to work this way when
I commited things recently: changes to cvs.netbsd.org appeared on anoncvs
almost immediately.
	The only way there should be skew is if 3 and 4 are switched.

	My guess is that this is another example of the same problem that been
around for a while: obsolete files aren't removed from the destdir during
a build so the only way to have a successful build it to start with an
empty destdir.

eric