Subject: Re: nslexer.l and nsparser.y (was something about vi.recover vs. NFS)
To: Luke Mewburn <lukem@NetBSD.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/25/2004 14:37:02
[ On Monday, January 26, 2004 at 03:40:20 (+1100), Luke Mewburn wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Vi still can't remove its own vi-recover files from NFS /var/tmp
>
> (Arguably the parser could just be written using fgetln() and
> C string parsing instead of yacc & lex.  That's a project for
> another day.)

I was going to suggest this, but I didn't have working code to offer (at
least none that's not partly someone else's and is partly GPL'ed).

As-is the lex parser is only 6KB of i386 object code (10kb with static
data), and the yacc parser is only 3KB more, and no doubt the vast
majority of systems could just "rm /etc/nsswitch.conf" and avoid it all.

BTW, thanks for adding "%option never-interactive" -- I was going to
send-pr it, but I guess that's not necessary now!  ;-)

--
						Greg A. Woods