Subject: Re: flist oddity.
To: Luke Mewburn <lukem@NetBSD.org>
From: Richard Rauch <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 01/25/2004 12:49:43
On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 04:12:28AM +1100, Luke Mewburn wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 24, 2004 at 03:30:17PM -0600, Richard Rauch wrote:
> | I was building a new "./build.sh release" for myself, and hit that dear
> | old friend, flist inconsistancies. Specifically, some files such as
> The sets that match "x*3" are for native builds of xsrc/xc (XFree86 3.x)
> The sets that match "x*4" are for native builds of xsrc/xfree/xc (XFree86 4.x)
> Both of these will be deprecated in the near future.
> The sets that match "x*[^34]" are for reachover builds from src/x11
> of xsrc/xfree/xc (XFree86 4.x).
Ah. Okay. Thanks.
> | Whatever the solution to my specific problem, the above seems to
> | be very wrong.
> | (I've been having a hard time getting X to build---it kept insisting that
> | the XpmI.h file was missing at a certain point, despite "cvs update" and
> | "make clean" (in .../src, .../src/x11, and .../xsrc). I'd like to have
> | a "release set" for the current state of things, but mostly I just want
> | to install X (without having to do a tedious update to /etc for a full
> | system isntall)---"make build" in the X dir produced a core-dumping X
> | server )^&, which happened before and was "cured" by doing
> | "./build.sh release".)
> I don't understand what you're doing to prevent the build from
> functioning correctly.
I don't, either.
I thought that it might be a dirty source tree, so I deleted src and xsrc
and re-grabbed via CVS.
I'm back to the flist problem, after trimming the INSTALL kernel a bit to
fit in the space allowed for a boot image. (Removed ioapic, MPBIOS, and
> Could you send the output of
> ./build.sh [your-build.sh-options] params
Yes. I'll attach it off-list. It's about 1MB.
> My laptop is running a very recent build of src & src/x11, built with
> ./build.sh -V MKX11=yes release sets
If I could build a "release", I'd be happy. (^&
./build.sh -u release >&log
...this is the third build attempt since doing a complete wipe and re-
populate of the source dirs. The only changes I have made are to the
amd64 INSTALL kernel. The first time, I did a "./build.sh release",
then removed ioapic (still too big for a boot image) then I removed
MPBIOS and NTFS, and reached this flist failure again, from the above
I can try going without the "-u", and doing an extra "./build.sh tools",
but in the circumstances I don't expect that that should possibly affect
"I probably don't know what I'm talking about." http://www.olib.org/~rkr/