Subject: flist oddity.
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/24/2004 15:30:17
I was building a new "./build.sh release" for myself, and hit that dear
old friend, flist inconsistancies.  Specifically, some files such as
./usr/X11R6/bin/inb are in the tree, but not in the flist.

Poking around, I find that 7 of the 8 "bonus" files are listed in
*three* places in the flist:

 * xbase4/md.amd64
 * xbase4/md.i386
 * xserver/md.i386

...so why are they doubly-listed for the i386?

Should they be doubly-listed for the amd64, too?

Whatever the solution to my specific problem, the above seems to
be very wrong.

Or is the xbase4/* set obsolete, now?  (I did a "cvs update"
in the lists dir, and nothing changed.)

The first 7 are formed by the csh pattern:

  ./usr/X11R6/bin/{ioport,{in,out}{b,l,w}}

The 8th file is ./usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XftConfig-OBSOLETE, which is listed
in xbase/mi (note, NOT xbase4).

Should I delete the "extra" files, or modify the lists, or wait for
a CVS update (of xsrc, src/x11, or the lists)?

(I've been having a hard time getting X to build---it kept insisting that
the XpmI.h file was missing at a certain point, despite "cvs update" and
"make clean" (in .../src, .../src/x11, and .../xsrc).  I'd like to have
a "release set" for the current state of things, but mostly I just want
to install X (without having to do a tedious update to /etc for a full
system isntall)---"make build" in the X dir produced a core-dumping X
server )^&, which happened before and was "cured" by doing
"./build.sh release".)