Subject: Re: Vi still can't remove its own vi-recover files from NFS /var/tmp
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christian Biere <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/23/2004 21:24:38

Greg A. Woods wrote:
> Ah, of course, isatty().  OK, well that could make some sense -- though
> I don't see any (obvious, i.e. with fgrep) isatty() call in the vi or
> libc/stdio source (though I'm looking in my netbsd-1-6 tree, not in the
> now long gone tree for the version I ktraced), nor is there any call to
> tcgetattr() in either vi or libc/stdio.

In -current you'll find isatty() in the vi sources and in also in
libc/stdio/makebuf.c. Have you tried setting a breakpoint at
isatty and tcgetattr when running vi in gdb? I've just looked at and even *very* old version of those sources
use isatty(). Is your grep broken? ;-)

Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (NetBSD)