Subject: Re: Vi still can't remove its own vi-recover files from NFS /var/tmp
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <>
From: Greywolf <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/23/2004 11:49:55
Thus spake Greg A. Woods ("GAW> ") sometime Today...

GAW> Ah, of course, isatty().  OK, well that could make some sense -- though
GAW> I don't see any (obvious, i.e. with fgrep) isatty() call in the vi or
GAW> libc/stdio source (though I'm looking in my netbsd-1-6 tree, not in the
GAW> now long gone tree for the version I ktraced), nor is there any call to
GAW> tcgetattr() in either vi or libc/stdio.

vi itself is not likely to frob settings (it probably defers it
elsewhere); libc does contain both references and the definition for
tcgetattr().  However, where it is likely called is libcurses (vi?
curses?  make sense?).

22 Ways to Get Yourself Killed While Watching 'The Lord Of The Rings':

#12: Every time someone kills an Orc, yell: "That's what I'm Tolkien about!"
    See how long it takes before you get kicked out of the theatre.