Subject: Re: Vi still can't remove its own vi-recover files from NFS /var/tmp
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christian Biere <christianbiere@gmx.de>
List: current-users
Date: 01/23/2004 10:42:18
--TakKZr9L6Hm6aLOc

Greg A. Woods wrote:
> Almost exactly two years ago I wrote a post on current-users about a
> problem with vi not being able to successfully remove its vi-recover
> file.
=20
> 	http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2002/01/22/0008.html

To answer at least the question WRT TIOCGETA. To determine whether
a file descriptor is a tty you can use the function isatty() which
doesn't do anything but "tcgetattr(fd, &term_struct)" and if that
fails, it returns false. As you've already guessed the latter
function isn't nothing else but a ioctl() with TIOCGETA. So, isatty()
is used by stdio functions and that explains the noise in trace logs.

--=20
Christian

--TakKZr9L6Hm6aLOc

--TakKZr9L6Hm6aLOc--